Thursday, May 31, 2012

Little Socks

I had some yarn leftover after finishing my Green Socks. There was not enough to do an adult pair of socks, so I decided to make a pair for an infant. They were really quick to do, and I had fun making them, the pattern was interesting and had great results.


Green Gator Socks:
Yarn:  Lion Brand Sock-Ease in Snow Cone
Needle Size: Size 5 (3.75mm) DPNs

After finishing the first sock, and about half way through the second, I found an errata page with corrections to this pattern.  I had already figured out that the instructions for binding off were wrong, but I did the cable pattern as was found in the book (i.e not the correct instructions). Another change that I made, was that I turned the socks inside out before doing the three-needle bind-off, so the seam is on the inside of the sock. This turns the toe into a more rounded one instead of being square. I am not going to be adding eyes to these socks, they look good without them!


No comments:

Post a Comment