Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Check Another Thing Off my List!

I asked everyone in my family what they wanted me to knit them this year for Christmas. This way I know they are getting something they want and I don't put a lot of effort and love into something they won't want.
This is the case with these mittens. My sister asked me for mittens in the same yarn I did the Blue Cowl in. I was a bit sceptical at first because I wasn't sure how this yarn would look as mittens, but I was totally wrong and they turned out gorgeous!
 
 
Braided:
Needle Size: US 5 (3.75mm) DPNs
Pattern Source: Treads, a tipless gloves pattern (free Ravelry download!)


 
I modified the original tipless gloves pattern to make them into mittens. I added the mods I made to my project page on Ravelry. I learned how to do a lateral braid from the instructions and it wasn't hard to do at all once you get the hang of it. The explanation was clear and made it super easy to do. This pattern is incredibly well written, and I would highly recommend it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment