Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Creativ Festival and Yarn Shopping

I went to the Creativ Festival over the weekend. They had a lot of sewing and quilting supplies, but not a lot of yarn. I did manage to pick up a few things but I was disappointing in the selection. When I went to the fall show last year, there was so much variety I didn't know what to buy. Not the case this time around.

 Lots of sock yarn: Fleece Artist Trail Socks, Malabrigo Sock in Tiziano Red, Schachenmayr Regia Fluormania Color in Neon Ocean and SweetGeorgia's Tough Love Sock in ultra violet.

 This Mary Maxim blanket kit looks like it is made by knitting. It is in fact made by crocheting. Which I didn't realize until I got home and opened the package. I wish this had been clearer. The yarn is still nice and I might attempt to crochet it, or I will just choose a different pattern.

Since the Creativ Festival was disappointing in the yarn department, I went to the new LYS that just opened up. It is a beautiful store with a great variety of yarn at reasonable prices.

More yarn: Mythic Yarn's The Epic Wool Silk Blend in Aphrodite was made of Seafoam? and 2 balls of Knitca Socks in Jade.

No comments:

Post a Comment