Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Knit Grove Mittens

More Christmas knitting progress. This time I finished a pair of mittens for my sister. She picked out this pattern and I am glad she did. I have had this project in my favourites for a while now but have not gotten around to knitting it.


I am always weary about paying for a pattern before being able to see it. I like to look at the pattern and make sure that I can follow and complete it before I make an investment in it. Since these were for a present, I took the gamble and bought the pattern - and it payed off! It is very clearly written with step-by-step instructions and a clear chart for each mitten (right and left side). There are no line by line instructions so if you are not a fan of charts this is not the pattern for you.

Grove:
Yarn: Berroco's Ultra Alpaca in Barley
Needle Size: US 6 94.0mm) DPNs
Pattern Source:  Grove by Jared Flood

I am now knitting a slouchy hat in the same yarn to match these mittens to complete this Christmas gift.

2 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with Jared Flood. I love his patterns! And these mittens are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I want to make myself a pair, but I just can't decide on what colour to make them!

      Delete