Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Knitting

I was able to finish up some more holiday knitting. My sister wanted me to knit her another cowl like I did a couple of  Christmas' ago, but this time she wanted chocolate brown. I found this great pattern, that was an easy knit that I was able to do in class so it got finished really quickly.
 

 Chocolate Cowl:
Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn in chocolate brown (2 skeins)
Needle Size: US 9 (5.5mm) circular needles
Pattern Source: honey cowl (a free Ravelry download!)
 
 
I also made a pair of mittens to go with the cowl. The pattern originally made fingerless mitts, but since it is cold up here in Canada, I decided to convert them into mittens to keep the tips of her fingers warm too!
 
 
Chocolate Gloves:

Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn in chocolate brown (I was able to use the second skein left over from the cowl - but it was cutting it close!)
Needle Size: US 5 (3.75mm) DPNs
Pattern Source: Arm Warmers from Knit Simple Magazine Holiday 2012 (modified to be made into mittens)
 
I hope my sister loves them as much as I do. They were both fun to make, and fast enough that I didn't have to rush to get them done in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment