Tuesday, January 14, 2014

First COs of the year

Not only did I cast on one project since the beginning of the new year, I have added another WIP this past week. Both projects are socks and I am enjoying each of them for their own reasons:

stretch - These are a pair of socks that I am knitting for the boyfriend. I wanted a pattern that would be easy to remember and also be portable. This has turned out to be the perfect pattern - it consists of 2 rounds that are repeated. Perfect for an on-the-go project. I am using the Simple Skyp Socks pattern (free Ravelry download) and Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball in Cafe Flair for this pair.  
 


Sprouted - This is the eighth pair of socks from the Sock Innovation book. This time I am using the pattern Glynis. I am knitting very loose in order to be able to do all the k3tog and sssk. It took a little while to get used to these big decreases, but I really like the look that is created using them. I decided to use my Cascades Yarns' Heritage Sock Yarn in Iris to make this pair.



There you go - my two new projects. I can't wait to finish my socks so that I can start wearing them. In this cold weather I can sure use them!

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment