Monday, February 2, 2015

Cable Knits Made Easier

I love lace knitting. It just comes easy to me, I don't have to think about what I am doing, the stitches just seem to fly off the needles. Cables, on the other hand, seem to take me forever and I tend to avoid projects with lots of cables in them. Recently I have started two projects with lots of cables in them. I loved the look of the patterns so I thought the finished project would be worth the extra effort of the cables. The first project is my Aidez cardigan that I am slowly (very slowly) getting done, and then there are these socks. The pattern is Business Casual and there are a lot of cables. After two rounds, I just couldn't take all the cables anymore, and I remembered someone mentioning that they don't use a cable needle when they make cables. So after a quick Youtube search (there are a lot of great videos, I used this video from Dominitrix) , and a few tries I was making some great progress on these socks, and  I haven't been able to put them down.

The colours are off in this picture (the first picture above is a more accurate colour) but it was late at night and I was excited to share that I had just finished the heel flap of my second sock! 

So I will never be using a cable needle again, and I will be making more projects with cables! I love learning new techniques, especially when they make knitting easier and faster!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment