Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Toe the Line Socks - My own Design!


 I have just finished writing out the pattern for my very own sock design! I am really excited to be able to share it with you, and I hope you like it. This is my first time writing out a full pattern for a pair of socks, and they have not been test knit. I am happy to answer any and all questions and inquiries regarding this pattern.


 This design has a simple lace pattern and is knit cuff down. Both socks are knit identical until the heel flap, then the pattern is mirrored so the lace pattern follows the outside of the foot. The lace pattern has both written and charted instructions.

Socks can be made larger by adding an extra repeat of the lace chart.


I knit these sample socks with Malabrigo Sock in Impressionist Sky. I had plenty of yarn leftover and could have easily added another repeat of the lace pattern on the leg. 


I love knitting lace socks and these are the perfect combination of interesting and fun so you don't realize how much you have knit, until - BAM! - you have a pair of socks!

Enjoy this pattern and if you get a chance to knit it, please share pictures of your projects! I can't wait to see.

Get the pattern here.

1 comment:

  1. This includes looking closely at the sizes and packaging information. The key is in these details, making paying attention very important. socks template

    ReplyDelete