Monday, April 6, 2015

Tutu Cake

My co-worker's daughter chose a tutu cake for her birthday party.  The cake would be made by someone who knows how to make beautiful cakes, but it still needed a pretty tutu base to sit on.
I knew that it could be easily done and would need only a few supplies - tulle (a yard of each of the 5 colours), an embroidery hoop and some kind of round base (we ended up using a basket that was turned upside down).
After that it was super easy to make - no sewing, no glue, no special tools. I just cut strips of tulle about 2 inches thick using my rotary cutter (you could easily use scissors). I didn't measure, I just cut. It doesn't have to be exact.
Then I made a tutu using the embroidery hoop instead of a ribbon (there are plenty of tutorials online showing you how to do that). We worked on it together after school for 3 or 4 days for a couple of minutes each time and we finished it with plenty of time to spare. It is so cute and was so easy to make. 


2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful cake and color combination is good. I like it very much...

    ReplyDelete