Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Square #5 finished

I can't believe how fast this project is coming along now. I have just finished making square #5 for the knitalong that began last August. This one took me longer to finish because of the amount of cables involved in making it. Usually, I am a fast knitter, but cables slow me down considerably. I am getting better at them the more squares that I do, but I don't think I will be doing any cable patterns for a while after these squares are done.

Boyfriend Blanket - Square #5 (December):

Yarn: Phentex Worsted in Blue
Needles: Size 7
Pattern Source: Ravelry

There were only two mistakes in this pattern that I could see. First, it seems like the directions for the cable in Chart C is missing. I slipped 3 sts onto the cable needle, held in front. K3 then K3 from cn. Also, In the stitch patterns, there are two directions for 4/1PRC. I took the second one (with the directions to sl next 4 sts onto cn, hold in front, p1, k4 from cn) as the directions for 4/1lrc.

I am off to start January's square, and I will continue to keep you up to date on this blanket. Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment