Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cat Blanket

 
Every time I knit or crochet a blanket, my cats seem to lie on it within 5 seconds of me casting off. It's like they have an alarm that goes off in their heads every time a comfy blanket becomes available.
So when I set out to make this blanket, I purposefully did not make it too big because I knew it was going to be used by my cats. That being said, it is a perfectly good lap blanket, or you could easily add more stitches when casting on to make it larger.
 
 
Blackberry Stitch Blanket:
Yarn: Ultra Fil Stella (this was a yarn given to me, it seems to be discontinued) - any fine or light weight yarn will do.
Needle Size: US size 13 (9.0mm)
Gauge: Not important for this project, you want a loose fabric so use large needles!
Finished Measurements: 35 x 26 inches
 
CO 93 sts (multiple of 5 plus 8 for border)
 
Row 1 - k4, p to last 4 sts, k4
Row 2 - k4, *(k1,p1,k1,p1)into next st, p4tog. Repeat from * until last 4 sts, k4
Row 3 - Repeat row 1
Row 4 - k4, *p4tog, (k1,p1,k1,p1) into next st. Repeat from * until last 4 sts, k4
 
Repeat these 4 rows until desired length, cast off loosely. Weave in ends and block.
 
I casted off at 28 inches and blocked it to get the finished measurements.
 

 My cats seems to love this blanket, and I think the stitches look gorgeous!
 
Happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment