Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Challenge #4 Complete!


I finished Challenge #4 of my stash-busting challenges this week and I am so glad! The Red Heart Baby yarn had been sitting in my stash forever and I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Then I saw the pattern for the Bellflower Infinity Scarf and I knew this yarn would be perfect for it. This is a free pattern from the Naturally Caron website, and it is great! I'm new to crochet (I've only done 2 crochet projects) and I was able to follow the pattern well and I never ran in to any trouble. I only did 3 repeats of the pattern across and measured it against myself to figure out the length that I wanted it. I did do a little modification of the pattern; after I finished attaching the two ends together, I thought it looked really nice but it seemed to be missing something - the border was just too plain. So I added some ruffle looking things to it: ch 3, sl st into a border st. I did this all the way around both sides and it just looks fantastic. I love it.
So when I finished the infinity scarf I still had a good chunk of yarn left, and I couldn't bear to put it back in my stash. So when my mother-in-law asked if I could make a cowl for her out of the rest it, I told her that I would. I chose the Loose Cowl design from Crochet Spot and it came out really nice. I didn't have any problems with the pattern, but I did decide to do it in the round so I wouldn't have to seam anything together and it just took me one night to make it. I chained 70 sts to begin and did 8 repeats of the pattern, and Voila! Done!
Now I am on to the next challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment