Monday, September 5, 2011

Mood Scarf


So after reflecting on my idea from a previous post I  decided to start a mood scarf. Following the lead from Leafcutter Designs and their Sky Scarf I will be knitting two rows of a scarf everyday. But instead of looking outside for inspiration, I will be looking inward. I will choose the color to knit with according to my mood that day. I won't assign a specific mood to a color, but I just want to knit what I feel. I will be using a journal to write down the reasons for my color choice, and to reflect on why I feel the way I do.
I didn't want to knit a simple garter stitch scarf so I am using the pattern from the Scrunchable Scarf, it is easily memorized, and I do not have to keep track of which row I am on.

I am using up yarn from my stash in all kinds of colors (pink, blue, green ,orange, etc), and I will keep doing it everyday until it reaches a good length. I have now knitted two rows every day for 20 days and it is coming along nicely. It is very therapeutic to take time before I go to bed to think back on my day and what happened. 

The scarf started out really colorful - I was having difficulty signing up for school and it was causing me great amounts of stress, hence the dark blue. For the patch of purple, I wasn't exactly having bad days, they just weren't that great. I was having some 'blah' days last week, I was working a lot and was really tired and that blue was really good at representing my 'blah' mood!

I will  keep posting pictures every few weeks showing my progress, but I'm starting school this week so I don't know how regular my posts will be! Until next time, Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment