Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I love getting yarn in the mail...

 I know I'm not supposed to be buying new yarn! I need to use up the yarn that I already have... but... my sister asked for lime green socks for Christmas. And I do not have lime green sock yarn in my stash. So I went searching on Esty and I came across a beautiful little shop. Evermore Studios has an amazing collection of yarn in all kinds of amazing colors, and they had a sale on some yarn (so of course I had to buy myself an extra skein of sock yarn!). This picture definitely does not due the colors justice. They are absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to finish my boot socks so I can start on a new pair!

 Both skeins are from Evermore Studios. The green yarn is Swanky Sock BFL yarn in Pistachio and the blue yarn is the Dreamland Sock Yarn in Plum Crazier.

So even though I am breaking my rule in buying new yarn, I am still going strong on my stash-busting challenge. I have finished half of Challenge 1, and have completed a Christmas presents at the same time (does that mean I get double the brownie points?). These mitts will be given to the boyfriend as a gift (if he doesn't find them first - but I hid them pretty good so I should be fine!):
 
Chritmas Mitts:
Yarn: Patons Decor yarn in Green Earth
Needles: Size 3 DPNs
Pattern source: 3 Stitch Waffle Mittens pattern is available as a free Ravelry download.


This was a great, easy pattern to follow. I didn't need to be really concentrating to make sure I wasn't making any mistakes. This is a great first mittens project, the instructions are clear and the pattern is easy to memorize. Highly recommended!

I am already on the second boot sock (I finished the cuff!) and I hope to have it finished this week, and I will post a picture of the finished product (they are really cute). 
Until next time, Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment