Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My progess on some WIPs

A few weeks ago I did a post on some larger projects that I am working on. I have been able to make some progress on them, but they are not coming along as quickly as I would like. The reason for this is that I have a hard time staying on task and I keep finding other things to do instead of working on these ones.

'Quick and Easy Afghan' from the fall 2009 issue of Creative Knitting magazine

This 'Quick and Easy Afghan' has not been all that "quick" for me. It's a super simple pattern, but the number of stitches (228!) is just about killing me. I have been making a lot of progress on it this week (knitting up about 1 ball of yarn per day) because of a sudden sense of emergency (i.e. remembering that the recipient of this blanket's birthday is next month). So hopefully next time you see it, it will be in a FOs post and not still a WIP.

 'Treads' from the Son of Stitch 'n Bitch book.

These 'Treads' socks have also been slow going (I am still on the first sock). I'm a bit disappointed in the pattern; I should have followed my instincts and modified the pattern when I had a chance. I do not like the way the heel was done, and I wish I had continued the instep in rib stitch instead of switching over to stockinette in order to give it more shape. I love the colors of the yarn though, it's really fun!

 Travelling Gnome from Knitted Toy Box (a free pattern!)

And here is one of those projects that distracted me from finishing the other two! He is still a WIP because he does not yet have eyes. When I went to the craft store to buy some for him, they were out of stock, so he will be a blind gnome for a little while longer (I will re-post a photo of Mr Wimwinkle when he is finished). 
 I wanted something to take with me when I go on trips to take photos with (like in the movie Amelie) so I knitted him up real quick (less then 2 hours). I used size 8 DPNs and Bernat Alpaca Natural Blends, and I did him in the round as opposed to knitting flat and them seaming him together. This is the second time I have used this yarn to make a stuffed toy and I absolutely love the look of it.

Those are all the projects I have to share with you at the moment, but later on this week I will be posting a super easy hat pattern. In the meantime, happy knitting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment