Saturday, August 13, 2011

One Skein Wonder Woman


While perusing the internet, I came across this great blog. One Skein Wonder Woman is challenging herself to knitting every project in the Sock Yarn: One Skein Wonder book. There are 101 projects and she has to make them all (no skipping!). I must commend her commitment. I have a hard time staying on one project for very long (I always have about 4 things going at the same time). I had a great time reading her blog and you should definitely go check it out (after you've finished reading this post of course!)

I have been thinking about a similar project for myself. I recently purchased the book Sock Knitting: Master Class. Every pattern in the book is absolutely fabulous and I would love to try making all the socks in there. It would be a real challenge for me because every pattern uses different techniques, and a lot of them I haven't tried before (I've never even done toe-up socks before!). There is a blog over on Knitting Daily where Anne Budd is working on the same project, and she is making some progress with it, as well as plenty of others who have taken on the challenge. This is something I will think about doing, and maybe in the future I will take it on!

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment