Friday, January 13, 2012

Soft Cowl


I have had the idea to sew myself a cowl for a while now, and I never got up the nerve to actually do it since I didn't have a pattern for it. Then when I was buying the fabric to make my laptop sleeve, I thought that this fabric would be perfect for a nice cowl. The fabric already had a soft fleece on the wrong side, but I wanted to make it extra warm so I added some white fleece to it.
I don't know why I was so nervous about not working from a pattern, this was really easy. I measured a cowl that I already had. Added an inch to the length and width to accommodate the seams. I sewed the fleece to the knit fabric (wrong sides together) flipped it inside out and sewed the ends together. Voila! A perfectly cute cowl that will keep me warm this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment