Sunday, March 30, 2014

Finished Vest

After working on my knitted vest for weeks, it is finally complete. It took longer for me to block it and sew on the button than to actually knit it. Sometimes I'm funny like that. 


Vest:
Yarn:  Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool in Oatmeal
Needle Size: US 10 1/2 (6.5mm)
Pattern Source: Eco Vest from Knitting Green  (it looks like you can also get the pattern in a free eBook)
 
 I made a small change from the pattern. I wanted a longer vest so I knitted to 13 inches before the armholes to get the vest to sit at my hips.


Love how it turned out. I am proud of myself for getting this one right as it is my first time knitting a garment for myself :)


Happy Knitting!

p.s. I bought more sock yarn... 


3 comments:

  1. Hi I am doing this vest as my first knitted garment as well. I'm struggling to figure out how many stitches to cast on to do both gauge swatches. It confuses me that for instance for the garter rib, gauge calls for 16 sts on 24 rows, but in the instructions for that pattern you need 16 plus 2 sts to do it. Do i just do the pattern with 18 sts and then when measuring not count the 2 sts at the end? It's even worse with the cable pattern gauge swatch... Am i just complicating it and the answer is easy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been contemplating making the best but it does look so complicated. I don’t like the roll up at the bottom either. It looks like you did a rib I rate as of just knitting 4 rows like it says on the instructions. I like it longer too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete