Monday, July 11, 2011

This week's FO is...



This is another project I completed from the Early Fall 2011 issue of Vogue Knitting. When my mother-in-law saw this vest, she said she really loved it; the yarn had 'bling-bling' in it and it was perfect for her. So I had to find yarn that had some sparkle in it and Patons Lace Sequin turned out to be perfect for this project! I had to use bigger needles then what the pattern called for (3.75mm & 5mm) to match the gauge. I had no major issues with the pattern or the yarn (but the sequins did make it difficult to rip up my first try at the vest!!) and I absolutely love the results. 
If anyone wants to make this pattern, I have only one suggestion: make sure that when you are binding off for the armholes, do not do it too tightly! I had to undo my first attempt at this vest because I binded off waaayyy too tight!


  The Boatneck Top is another pattern that I would love to try out, but after reading the pattern and seeing the number of stitches involved I got kinda intimidated. Maybe I will make it my next challenge for myself and try it out... We shall see.
In the meantime, Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment