Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pretty Mittens

My sister asked me for a pair of  mittens for her birthday last year. Not just any mittens, she sent me a picture of the type of mittens that she wanted. At the time that she asked me for them, I could not find a pattern to fit what she wanted, and I even tried to come up with my own design - to no avail. It just wasn't working. 
So fast forward a year and I was looking through the new issue of Knit Simple Magazine, and I came across these beautiful fingerless mitts. So I adapted the pattern into mittens and added a bow and I love the result.


Christmas Mittens:

Yarn: Lion Brand Superwash Merino Cashmere in Ivory (I needed 2 balls)
Needles: Size 4 (3.5mm) DPNs
Pattern Source: Knit Simple Magazine Winter 2011/12

This yarn was absolutely delicious to work with, it is so soft and beautiful. I can't wait for her to finally see her gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment