Thursday, December 22, 2011

Stitched up Bookmarks

There are a lot of people in my family who love to read (including myself), so I wanted to make some Christmas presents that were unique but still useful.
is perfect for some simple Christmas presents.

These are the bookmarks I came up with. Keep in mind that this is the first time I have ever embroidered anything - so I made a few rookie mistakes. Like not picking a fabric that was thick enough so the threads still show through on some of them! In my defense, you couldn't see the threads through the fabric on the dog design until after I ironed it!
I am also listing where I got the pattern from, either I was inspired by a pattern and drew it out (this was the case when I couldn't find a pattern to go with an image) or I traced it from a pattern:


 The Flower, The Bird and The Bunny Girl!


Even with very minimal embroidery skills, these were easy designs and were fast to make! They came our really nice and I'm sure the recipients will enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment