Monday, August 5, 2013

Fanned

I have been working full time this past week (finally!) and didn't have a lot of time to get any knitting done. So with the long weekend, I got in some good quality knitting time and finished my second pair of socks from the Sock Innovation book.


Fanned:
Yarn: Loops & Threads Woolike in Mauve
Needle Size: US 1 (2.25mm) DPNs
Pattern Source: Sock Innovation 
 
These socks were a quick knit for me because I love lace and I was able to memorize the stitch pattern after 2 repeats. I like how the garter stitch is used in the cuff, heal and toe. It adds nice texture to these socks. These will be a Christmas present for my mother-in-law. She loves the socks that I have knit for her the past couple of years, so I think this is a tradition in the making.
 
 
The yarn is new to me. I just happened to see it when I was at Michaels, and it was quite inexpensive ($3.99 for 678 yards!). I hope it holds up well, as I would love to use it again. They had some really nice colors that I would like to try out. I will see how they hold up with some wear. It was nice to knit with but a little slippery, the stitches kept falling off my needle. So next time I would probably choose to use my bamboo needles with this yarn instead of my metal ones.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment