Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mauve Shawl

 
I received a new fall coat for my birthday, and I wanted to make myself a purple shawl to match it. I've used Red Heart Boutique's Unforgettable yarn in the past and loved the results, so I picked up another ball and started in on a wonderful pattern.
 
Mauve Shawl:
Needle Size: US 9 (5.5mm)
Pattern Source: Black Death by Hoxton Handmade (free Ravelry download)
 
 
The needles I used are 1 size up from what the pattern called for since I couldn't find my size 8 needles anywhere.  The pattern was easy to follow with clear instructions. There are two sizes given and I made the smaller one.
 
 
I love the results of this pattern and the yarn. It is going to keep me nice and warm in the coming months. This is a pattern I would definitely recommend even to a beginner knitter.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment