Sunday, August 18, 2013

Yarn Shopping

As it was my birthday yesterday, I got to decide what I wanted to do for the day with the boyfriend. So I mapped out a route in Toronto so that we could walk to different yarn stores and I could browse and pick up some yarn. Then we went to the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) and had a great time there.
My boyfriend was a trooper the whole time and did not complain once about spending time in yarn shops and waited patiently while I made my selections. He is just the best :)
 
The fist stop was at Americo Original. I had never been there, and I couldn't believe the beautifully luscious colors they had. I settled on buying their Merino Superwash Fine Sport in a navy blue color.
 
 
Next, we went to Romni Wools that has a HUGE selection of yarn. I found it to be over-whelming. I spent the most time there, just looking through the stacks and stacks of yarn, and finely settling on Cascades Yarns' Heritage Sock Yarn in Iris color. This store is wonderful for their selection, and I had a hard time settling on one skein.
 
 
Our last stop was at The Knit CafĂ©. This was an amazing little shop that had plenty of space to sit and knit, and served fresh coffee and food. I would have loved to just sit down and spend some time there. They had a beautiful collection of sock yarns in the most amazing colors, and I finally settled on sweet fiber's Super Sweet Sock in Verve which is a slightly variegated dark purple.
 
 
My three skeins of sock yarn are now just waiting for me to knit them up. I can't wait to start finding the perfect sock projects for them.
I had such a great time, but we weren't even done the day. We then went to the CNE where we walked around for hours enjoying this huge fair.
 
 
I didn't purchase much while I was there, I was mostly enjoying walking around and looking at what everyone was selling, but I did indulge in the most delicious red velvet cupcake I have ever had.
 

 So yummy!!
We had an amazing day, and my feet were so sore from walking for hours, but it was so worth it!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment