Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Finished Christmas Present

I have another Christmas present now checked off my list. This one is for my mom. She asked me for a cowl in a blue color. When I saw this yarn, I absolutely loved it, so I had to buy it. I don't know if she will like this color, or this style of cowl (it is not a 'lush' as I had originally wanted), therefore, this is only 1 of the 2 cowls I will be making her. The next one will be a worsted weight cowl in a blue yarn.
 

Jeweled Cowl:
Yarn: Araucania Botany Lace 
Needle Size: US size 8 (5.0mm) circular needles
Pattern Source: Jeweled Cowl (free Ravelry download)
 
I did not add the beads to the pattern, as I thought the colors of the yarn were good enough to keep this project interesting to look at. I enjoyed making it, and it didn't take me as long as I thought it would to knit up, considering it was lace weight yarn.
 
 
Now I am on to my next Christmas project. I am trying to finish making the Squared Afghan I started for my aunt ages ago. It is almost done and I hope to be able to show you the finished object soon enough.
 
Until then,
Happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment