Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A collection of shawls

Last summer my obsession was socks, this time around it is shawls/shawlettes. It started off when I fell in love with the 'Joyeux Shawlette' from Phydeaux Designs. My wonderful parents got me the kit for Christmas and I knit it up in no time. I absolutely love it, the design is great, the yarn is fantastic, the end result is perfect!



My next project was the Holden Shawlette (a free ravelry download!). I used Ella Rae Lace Merino yarn that was originally intended for a pair of socks, but I did not like the way the first sock came out, so I frogged it and made it into this shawl instead. I'm so glad I did, it turned out beautifully (the picture does not do it justice).



My latest shawl is a pattern from the book 'Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences' called Bison Shawlette. I used some unknown yarn from my stash and it turned out great! I would definitely recommend this book for everyone's library, it has great patterns that can be used for those lone beautiful skeins of yarn that you don't know what to do with!



I will be putting up some new listings in my Etsy shop soon. I hope to have some pictures to share with you by the weekend. Make sure to keep visiting!

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment